Top Clothing Alterations
1. Adjusting dress, skirt, pant, and jean hems
Shorter or longer, we’ll create the perfect hem. There are numerous hem options from which to choose. Stop by a Stitch It store today and learn what works best for your garment.
- You don’t have to give up the great stitching and distressed detail on the hem of your favorite jeans.
- With the Eurohem we can shorten your pants and reattach the original hem.
- This is the best way to preserve the look of designer jeans. The next time your designer jeans need a hem alteration, ask about the Eurohem.
The Reversible Hem
- This is the hem you need for all your reversible garments, such as yoga pants or other exercise wear. Only available in select stores, call to find a store near you.
The Growth Hem
- Children outgrow their clothes too fast. Get a little more mileage with the growth hem, which allows for up to three inches of growth.
- Ideal for school khakis and dress pants. Check out our list of school uniform alterations.
2. Jacket alterations, including adjusting sleeve length
3. Waist alterations, such as taking in or letting out waists on skirts and pants
4. Coat repairs and alterations
- We can replace missing buttons and broken zippers.
- Adjust sleeve length or waist size.
5. Other pants alterations, including tapering and zipper and button replacements
- Did your zipper break? Don’t throw away those pants or jeans. We can replace zippers and sliders.
6. Mending rips and tears and applying patches
Don’t wait any longer for a great fit. Find a Stitch It store near you today.